My professional moving services include:
- Conduct a home assessment – hear what the client/family wants, determine needs and understand client's "moving direction."
- Develop a flexible "moving plan" with timeline.
- Help client decide what furniture is "absolutely a must" and incorporate these pieces in the new home.
- Coordinate the sorting of belongings to downsize appropriately - what to keep, what to give to kids, what to donate, and what gets pitched.
- Stage current home to get it sold!
- Coordinate "move day" and be "in charge" of the move (if requested).
- Unpack, set-up, and organize the home.
- Place furniture.
Decorate new home:
- Use furnishings from previous home
- Shop for new furnishings
- Update family member(s) with progress and other needs of senior parents (if indicated).
- Visit client at 1 and 3 months to make minor tweaks to decorating.
Offer referral partners who can:
- Help look at personal finances to determine your options (Financial Services, Legal Services, Estate Attorney)
- Facilitate sale of the customer’s current home (Real Estate Agent)
- Arrange estate sale of home and belongings (Auctioneer)
- Coordinate updating, structural changes to change current home to assist with sale and/or make changes to their new home (Builders, Contractors, Remodelers, etc.)
- Arrange sale of furniture pieces if children do not want them (Consignment shops, EBay, Craig List ads, etc.)
- Facilitate the actual move (Moving Companies) - may include packing and unpacking
- Coordinate the cleaning of old and new home (Cleaning Companies)
- Pick up and remove unsaleable items and trash (Trash Removal and Hauling Companies)
- One hour consultation - free of charge!
- Charge by the hour - Pick and choose the services you want - Do as much as you want to do or as little as possible!
- A la cart services and prices.