"I have expertise and experience in problem solving, organization, decision making, and communication. It is a fine balance when working with seniors (young seniors and old seniors) to allow decision making, promote independence, and always maintain the client’s dignity. My nursing background, decorating skills and attention to detail blend perfectly for this line of work.
I follow the code of ethics for Senior MOVE Managers. I work tirelessly to satisfy my clients. I want them to be happy, love their new furnishings and home, and live in a safe environment.
I have personal experience with senior right-sizing, including my own parents (mother age 91) and several friends’ parents. It is an emotional time of life - wanting to please the seniors in your lives, yet make sure they live in a safe environment."
I love to decorate, help people, and add beauty to their homes! I enjoy working with seniors and know that it is hard to make decisions about where to live in later years.
- Interior Design certificate program at Durham County Technical College (North Carolina)
- Parade of Homes decorator (3 years)
- Home decorating and staging - Builders, Homeowners, Family, and Friends (20 years)
- Decorating and staging homes
- Project Management experience
- Duke Continuing Studies – Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) Aging class
- Member and Pending Certification of National Certification of National Association of Senior Move Managers (I am now a member, working on certification)
- Master’s degree in Nursing - Ball State University (Indiana)
How I work: I provide a 1-hour free consultation. I listen to the client’s future plans, and if my services are retained, I will devise a "moving plan." This flexible plan will be ever-changing throughout the process, based on the senior’s wants and needs. Goals
- Assist clients to "right size" into their new home.
- Work with senior clients, family members, and friends to accomplish the move with a focus on maintaining the senior’s dignity, listening intently, and allowing independence.
- Provide an array of relocation services.
- Offer referral partners.
- Provide a wonderful moving experience for seniors.
An excellent "right-sizing, decorating, and moving experience" for seniors at a reasonable price. I will always listen to the client, communicate during all steps of the process, adjust the "moving plan" as necessary, and accomplish the move with a focus on attention to detail and customer satisfaction. Business Owner – Suzanne (Susi) Harp, Wake Forest, North Carolina
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Serving: Wake, Durham, Orange Counties. I also work with long distance moves. Our business is insured and bonded.